- Comment on the Draft EIS before February 24, 2017
- Sign our petition at MoveOn.org
- Become a member of our organization
- Donate to help cover our expenses
- Link our articles, Facebook, and Twitter to your social network - share and retweet as much as you can!
- Print our media and display it wherever you can
- Contact your Representatives! Contact information is listed below, as well as letter and email templates to get you started
- The Navy's number for noise complaints: (360) 257-6665. Alternatively you may email your comments to comments.NASWI@navy.mil, but don't be surprised if these complaints disappear into the void.
- Or, you can contact Public Affairs Officer Mike Welding at 360-257-2286, or the base C.O. Captain Geoffrey Moore: 360- 257-2345
- Be VOCAL. Many of your neighbors are afraid to speak out because they feel alone in their concerns. We need to show that they are not alone and that there is a strong community effort that they can join.
- Contact the decision-makers. The members of both the Armed Services Committees and the Appropriation Committees are deciding our fate – including the unthinkable addition of 92 more Growlers. Go here for contact information, sample emails, and directions: http://disclosuredeception.wordpress.com/contact-congress/
Office of the Governor PO Box 40002 Olympia, WA 98504-0002
TTY/TDD users should contact the Washington Relay Service at 711 or 1-800-833-6388.
Washington, D.C. Office 154 Russell Senate Office Building Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2621 Fax: (202) 224-0238 Toll Free: (866) 481-9186
Seattle Office 2988 Jackson Federal Building 915 2nd Avenue Seattle, Washington 98174
Phone: (206) 553-5545 Toll Free: (866) 481-9186
Fax: (206) 553-0891
Washington, D.C. Office of U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell 311 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, D.C. 20510
T: (202) 224-3441 F: (202) 228-0514
Regional Office 2930 Wetmore Ave., #9B Everett, WA 98201
T: (425) 303-0114 F: (425) 303-8351
Senator Barbara Bailey (R) -10th Legislative District
Olympia Office: 109B Irv Newhouse Building, PO Box 40410, Olympia, WA 98504-0410
Phone: (360) 786-7618
Washington, DC Office: 2113 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington DC 20515
Bellingham Office: 119 North Commercial Street Suite 1350, Bellingham WA 98225
Everett Office: Wall Street Building, 2930 Wetmore Avenue, Suite 9F
Island County Commissioners Office, PO Box 5000, 1 NE 7th Street, Room #214, Coupeville, WA 98239-5000
Phone: (360)679-7354 Toll free from South Whidbey: (360)321-5111; Toll free from Camano Island: (360)629-4522
FAX: (360) 679-7381
Camano Office: 121 NE Camano Drive, Camano Island, WA 98282
Phone: (360) 387-3443
FAX: (360) 387-6161
Jill Johnson (R), Chair
Commissioner from District Number Two which encompasses all of the greater Oak Harbor area. Term of office: January 2013 - December 2016
Cell phone: 360-544-2961 Office phone: 360-679-7354
Commissioner from District Number One which encompasses all of Whidbey Island south of the greater Oak Harbor area. Term of office: January 2009 - December 2016
Cell phone: 360-632-1168 Office phone: 360-679-7354
Coupeville Mayor Molly Hughes
If every individual who supports the closure of WI OLF wrote to their elected officials and local media, politicians would be forced to take notice. This is extremely important!
A letter written in your own words is the most effective, but these samples can give you tips, or you can edit the pertinent information and send them as-is.