Join the WA Department of Ecology for an upcoming Advisory Committee webinar, Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. pacific time. We will update the Advisory Committee on our Chemical Action Plan (CAP) activity, including:
- Our progress preparing the draft PFAS CAP.
- Our anticipated timeline to issue the draft PFAS CAP for public comment.
- Our plans for public comment.
You can attend this webinar by registering here. We will allow time to answer public questions on the PFAS CAP process, but we will not take comments from the public during this webinar.
Here is the updated PFAS CAP timeline:
- August 12, 2020: Hold an Advisory Committee webinar to provide an update on the PFAS CAP timeline. The public can attend this webinar—register for it above.
- Fall 2020: Publish the draft PFAS CAP.
- Fall 2020: Hold an Advisory Committee webinar to discuss the contents of the draft PFAS CAP in more detail. The public can attend this webinar.
- Fall 2020: Hold a 60-day public comment period.
- Fall 2020: Hold webinars to present the draft CAP recommendations to the public and receive comments.
- Winter 2021: Hold an Advisory Committee meeting to review comments on the draft CAP.
- Spring/Summer 2021: Publish finalized PFAS CAP.
We will post additional updates on the PFAS CAP website.
In February, Ecology was excited to welcome our new Chemical Action Plan coordinator, Irina Makarow, who will lead the CAP through completion. Please feel free to reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the PFAS CAP.
PFAS Chemical Action Plan team